28 November 2009

thank you for the music.

while I was in Barcelona I received a call from my mother informing me that my dear grandfather, Tom, had passed away peacefully in his sleep. This year on Thanksgiving I am grateful for him, the time I have been able to spend with him, all the great things he did in his life and the impact he has had on my life.


Another thing I am grateful for is the opportunity I had to come home from London for his funeral. Although it was a wild trip and a whirlwind couple days it was worth it. I was grateful to be able to spend time with my family in this hard time and it felt good to be home. I kept my homecoming a secret... so SURPRISE! if you didn't know. Don't worry, i didn't see any friends and barely left the house. Plus I was gone again before I knew it.


The funeral was very nice and it was great to be with all my cousins. and it is good to be back in london for the last couple weeks of my trip. don't worry, i'll be home soon.


happy thanksgiving. 

No comments: